The European Atari Jaguar Festival, “ejagfest” in short, took place on November 2nd and 3rd 2019 in Korschenbroich (between Düsseldorf and Mönchengladbach), Germany. We celebrated the 30th anniversary of the Atari Lynx this year which has been released in 1989 in the USA.
The European Atari Jaguar Festival is a noncommercial annual festival for all Atari and retro gaming fans from all over Europe. It was established in year 2000 and the focus of attention is on Atari and all systems of the cult lable. But we don’t want to miss other retro-systems, as well. The more exotic, the better. The motto is: Bring your favorite retro console and have fun!
All of you who would like to play again on systems like the Jaguar, Lynx, VCS 2600, 5200, 7800 or on a trusty home-computer of the 70s, 80s or 90s, this is the right place.
Highlights of this year:
- Showed the Atari prototype of the Jaguar voice modem, an Atari TT and an Atari Falcon030.
- Karri Kaksonen:
- Showed and sold his new Atari Lynx game “On Duty”. The physical version will be sold for the first time in europe at ejagfest. A true premiere.
- In addition to that he conducted a High-Score competition with the games “Reiko’s Robot Run” and “Sylvester” for the Lynx.
- Atarigamer.com :
- Send us a cool 3D printed display, which shows videos from the 30. anniversary Lynx programming competition. As well as some 3D printed power supply saver for the Lynx 2 which we used during the Checkered Flag Tournament.
- Brian Hall:
- Showed his Atari Lynx emulator for Android and Amazon Fire OS.
- Support für more consoles like Vectrex and ColecoVision, will come in the future, as well as support for more platforms.
- Nick Persijn:
- He showed and sold again his high quality self made rotary controller for the Jaguar.
- As a European premiere he showed the Nuon Rotary Controller which works with games like Tempest 3000 on the Nuon.
- Further he showed some Atari Jaguar prototypes like “Thea Realm Fighters” and other.
- In addition to that he showed a CD-I Player with custom arduino SNES controller adapter, a Consolized MVS and a custom build Jamma Arcade Stick.
- Marco Willig (McWill):
- Showed and sold his VGA-Screen hardware mod for the Atari Lynx and the Sega Game Gear.
- It improves the screen quality a lot. Further it provides an VGA-Out to play Lynx on external VGA displays and TVs.
- On Sunday he modified systems on side and gave a modding workshop. Further he showed his FPGA C65 with a keyboard. And last but not least, his new Game Boy Color display Mod.
- DragonBox Shop:
- The Dragonbox shop presented the „MIST FPGA“ Computer. This device emulates the most known and unknown 8 and 16 BIT computer and consoles with an FPGA chip.
- Everyone was able to try this device out at the show.
- Thomas Ilg:
- The programmer of Anarcho Ride for the ST showed the new ST conversion of FROGS. It uses the MIDI connection for multiplayer. The game is a port of the hombres game FROGS for C64 / C128 from Dr. Wuro.
- In addition to that, he showed some special ejagfest level for his ST game “Laser Ball”.
- Further he onducted a FROGS competition on the Atari STE / MIST.
- Michael Lünzer:
- Showed some new Intellivision homebrew games like the final version of “Defenders of the Crown”.
- Further he provided a Sega Saturn with some games for fun mulitplayer matches.
- Atari Shop NL:
- They sold retro-games and goodies for different retro systems on Sunday.
- Showed and sold new homebrew games for different retro-systems.
- The well known retailer and hardware-mod specialist for retro consoles showed and sold a selection of goods from his store.
- Der Luchs aka the Lynx Godfather:
- The well known developer and publisher for Atari Lynx homebrew games showed and sold some of his games (limited stock).
- SainT (RetroHQ):
- Thanks to SainT. He sends us a Lynx SD card. Everyone will be able to try this device out at the show. It can play lynx games, homebrews and prototypes via SD card on your Lynx.
- His new Jaguar SD card was present as well this year.
- The publisher is well known for high quality books about retro video games and home computer in germany. They offered and showed some of the books at the ejagfest. Beside the german versions of “Spielkonsolen und Heimcomputer, Volkscomputer, Spielemacher and Joysticks” also the rare to get english version of the “Encyclopedia of Game Machines”.
- Zone 3 Zockecke:
- Thanks to “Zone3” we presented you a gaming area with beanbags for gamers and full of retro-gaming highlights.
- OhrBit Youtube-Kanal:
- They showed an Intern VC 4000 on Sunday. Further they sold some retro games at the fest.
- Silvio Laute:
- He showed some exhibits from his collection. Like a Nuon Player, the spiritual successor of the Atari Jaguar with some games and accessories.
- The Nuon only had a limited release in europe and is very seldom around here.
- Worldwide Distribution:
- Provided us with game stations for the Neo Geo Mini and Mega Retron HD. The Mega Retron HD was the main price for the tombola on Sunday.
- Showed us his high quality custom made protector sheaths for collector items.
- Donny Fillerup (Consolevariations):
- Showed us a seldom Virtual Boy Kiosk with some seldom games from his collection.
- Further he showed some one of a kind N64, Gamecube and Nintendo 3DS case variations for the first time in public.
- ST-Computer Magazin:
- The german ST-Computer magazine showed and sold their latest issue of the magazine. Further they show some of the back issues of the magazine.
- Further they brought a Falcon Computer for everybody to enjoy.
- Digital Foundry:
- John Linneman from the Youtube channel Digital Foundry visited the ejagfest again.
- Masematte (Nextgam):
- Showed his customized Jaguar in a Macintosh shell.
- Lars Hannig:
- Gave us an insight in his latest book and games projects.
- Brian S.:
- Showed his Amstrad GX 4000 with all available games.
- Männerquatsch Podcast:
- Björn and Maik from the german Männerquatsch Podcast invited all listeners to a community meeting.
- Alex Thissen:
- Showed and sold some Lynx parts and games.
A transparent Jaguar case on display. It’s a special edition, which was produced in spring of 2015 with the original Jaguar tooling. This limited run was sold to support the “RVGS” console. The system was later renamed to the “Colecovision Chameleon” and it was planned that they would also use this tooling. After some problems during the production of the console, the project was canceled. What is left, are this nice cases for the Jaguar. For the third time at an Atari event we show you the HotRod. After Atari discontinued the Jaguar, they sold the tooling to a company who made dental cameras. The HotRod was the flagship product of them.
- Checkered Flag European Championship – 6 Player – Network (Lynx)
- Mario Kart Double Dash (Gamecube)
- Reiko’s Robot Run – High-Score Tournament (Lynx)
- Sylvester – High Score Tournament (Lynx)
- FROGS 4 Player Tournament (Atari STE / MIST)
This year was the event‘s 19th anniversary and it took place for the 5th time in the location in Kleinenbroich. Let’s celebrate Atari! You got two days of retro fun with lots of exhibitors, a tombola on Sunday and drinks like coffee and water over the weekend.
Find your way to the ejagfest: Directions and Hotel recommendations (link)
Adress of the Event:
Saturday we started at 9:00 AM until 12 PM (midnight).
Sunday we started at 10:00 AM until 5 PM.
Support the ejagfest without costs: If you buy something by clicking our ebay partner links or banner, we get a small commission. The price of the item for you stays the same. So no costs for you.