The European Atari Jaguar Festival “ejagfest” took place on November 22nd in Neuss near Dusseldorf. This year we celebrated the 10th anniversary of the Atari Jaguar. It was released on 23th of November in 1993 in the United States.
Here you find an overview of the highlights of this year. Highlights:
- Lars Hannig: Showed a playable demo of his new project “Eerivale” and further a few demos, which we already knew from previous years e.g. from Richard Turner and himself.
- Michael Neihs: Presented as a world premiere, the soundtrack for the upcoming Jaguar game Star Alliance by Lars Hannig.
- Thorsten Butschke: Was again responsible for the tournaments this year.
- Markus Wühl: Displayed us his new game “Sokomania” for the Lynx.
- 16/32 bit system: Nick Harlow, sold new and used hardware and software for various Atari systems. Including many Jaguar CD drives, a Japanese Jaguar in original box with Alien vs. Predator as a pack-in game and an Alpine board.
- Jaguar Connexion: Our friends from the French Jaguar Connexion distributed flyers for their event and showed next to some Wonderswan and PC-Engine hard- and software, a Atari VCS 2600 handheld.
- Benjamin Budde: Played an old original Atari Promo VHS video.
- Matthias Domin: Showed various demos, he worked on at the time.
- Björn Baranski: Showed again the latest version of its “Atari Jaguar Story” with lots of information and pictures. This was planned as part of a multi-part publication about different classic video game systems. Further he showed for the first time his “Silver Jag” a visually modded Jaguar in silver/blue in a velvet lined silver suitcase.
Other highlights included a Lynx-multiplayer network with six players, a multiplayer network play with Battlesphere for the Jaguar and the new released game Protector SE. After the event, we went to the restaurant “Cafe Benz” and celebrated the 10th anniversary of the Jaguar.
- Cup “Ultra Vortek” (Jaguar)
- European Championship “Checkered Flag” – 6 Players Network (Lynx)
Due to the fact there was no ejagfest in 2002, this year was the event‘s 3rd anniversary and it took place for the 1st time in a new location in Neuss near Düsseldorf. The ejagfest took place at: Tagungsräume – Johanna Etienne Krankenhaus, Am Hasenberg 46, 41462 Neuss Germany.
You can find pictures of this event in the Gallery and reports and videos in the Press Echo section. We would like to thank our partners and supporters.