The European Atari Jaguar Festival, “ejagfest” in short, took place on November 24th 2012 in Duisburg,near Düsseldorf – Germany. We celebrated the 30th anniversary of the Atari 5200 this year which has been released in 1982 in the USA.
Here you can fins an overview of the highlights of this year.
- Matthias Domin from MDGames: Showed the final version of “Impulse X“ (Jaguar CD) and sold it for the first time. Further the known version of his game “Clicks” (Jaguar).
- Team Reboot/Jagware: Showed and sold „Kobayashi Maru Final CD“ for Jaguar CD. Further they showed the latest playable version of „Rebooteroids“ (Jaguar) and a not yet named new shoot em up for the Jag CD. As well as the “SCPCD’s Jagtopus Flash Cart” and the new game Ladybug (Jaguar). Last but not least there was “Dance Dance Xirius Space Party” at display.
- CDI from the neXGam forum: Showed and sold his „Atari Jaguar Video 4 DVD Pack Projekt“ which is a collection of Jaguar related vidoes and advertising.
- GroovyBee: Showed the Atari 7800 – “Expansion Module Project XM” and several XM only games. In addition to that he showed his new game “Moles” (Jaguar), formaly known as “Jag – New mystery game demo”. It was exclusively displayed at the ejagfest for the first time. As well as some homebrew hardware for 7800/Jag and the “Jag – Star Raiders demo”.
- Douglas Little of Black Scorpion Software: Exclusively showed a playable version of the prototype of the game “Livewire” (Jaguar). It was started back in the Jaguar days and is in an early playable state.
- 108 Sterne aus dem NeXGam Forum: Showed the new homebrew game “Little Green Quak-Quak” (Lynx) and some Demos for the Lynx like a “welcome to ejagfest screen”, a Tempest 3D demo and some more.
- omf from the Atari Age forum: Showed his “infra red multibank 8 game switcher”, filled with 8 homebrews to choose from (Downfall, Shoot’m up, Beebris, Jetpack, Tube SE, Jagmania, Jagworm, Asteroids).
- Atari Shop NL: Sold retro-games and goodies for different systems. In addition to that, they made an impressive Jaguar cake for everybody to eat.
- 16 32 bit Systems: Nick Harlow, offered used and new games for different Atari systems.
- European Championship “Checkered Flag” in a 6 player network (Lynx)
- European Championship “Brutal Sports Football” (Jaguar)
More highlights of this year: Eye of the Beholder prototype (Lynx), Medieval Mayham (Atari 2600), Amiga 600, Atari 800, Silver-Jag, Jaguar Arcade Stick by Kingcar, Neo Geo AES, Xbox Classic, Phillips G7000 (Odyssey 2), Panasonic 3DO, CD-I Player and many more. After the event we all visited the “Angerstübchen” in Duisburg for a little after show gathering.
This year was the event‘s 12th anniversary and it took place for the 1st time in a new location in Duisburg near Düsseldorf. The ejagfest took place at: St. Stephanus Pfarrheim, Goslarer Straße 84, 47259 Ungelsheim (Duisburg).