The European Atari Jaguar Festival “ejagfest” took place on November 10th and 11th in Coesfeld near the Dutch border.
Here you find an overview of the highlights of this year.
- Lars Hannig: Showed an early, playable version of his 2D space shoot’em up “Star Alliance – Battle for Earth”. He planned to implement depending on the level vertical or horizontal scrolling or static backgrounds. Next he showed some demos at the Alpine Board. For example the “Bounce!” Demo of Team Franglais (Fred Natha and JustClaws). A Pong clone with “Celebrate EuroJagFest 2001” message. Further, the Legion Force Jidai demo of Force Design and more.
- Björn Spruck: Presented various Lynx homebrew games on flash ROM, including one that was similar to the TRON game to the movie.
- Thorsten Butschke: Was responsible for the tournaments for the first time and also showed a video of an 8-bit computer meeting.
- Rouven Gehm: Told us about a project in which he was involved. There was probably a prototype of a Lynx emulator, by which it was possible to play Lynx games on a Jaguar. There was some talk with Atari for publication, but then came the end for Atari.
- Robert Demming: Showed a Demo of the game film Caves of Fear for the Jaguar CD which was played using the CD-bypass. He also had his Jaguar modified so that he could choose Roms via rotary switch. Roms such as the French Iago, BJL, regular rom, ROM STUB Oct 93 and Nov STUB ROM 94th.
- Mother Ghiea: Tinkered some wonderful winning certificate for the tournaments and rewarded the winners with cookies.
- Björn Baranski: Showed again the latest version of its “Atari Jaguar Story” with lots of information and pictures. This was planned as part of a multi-part publication about different classic video game systems.
Other highlights were the prototype of Space War 2000 and the game Battlesphere for the Jaguar, which could be played.
- Joust (Atari XL)
- Super Burnout (Jaguar)
- Checkered Flag – 6 Player Network (Lynx)
This year was the event‘s 2nd anniversary and it took place for the 1st time in a new location in Coesfeld – Germany. It was the first attempt for a two day meeting, but due to the lack of interest, the upcoming events where limited to one day until 2013.
You can find pictures of this event in the Gallery and reports and videos in the Press Echo section. We would like to thank our partners and supporters. To refresh my memory of this ejagfest I used my own notes and further the Vol.5 Issue 1 of the Jaguar Explorer Online web magazine.