The European Atari Jaguar Festival “ejagfest” took place on 24th of November in Kaarst near Düsseldorf. We celebrated two anniversaries in that year. 30 years of Atari 2600 which has been released in 1977 in the USA and 25 years of Atari 5200 which was has been released in 1982 in the USA.
Here you find an overview of the highlights of this year.
- Gary Taylor: We had a real European premiere at the ejagfest. Gary brought the fully functional prototype of the Hi-Res and never released Jaguar Virtual Reality Headset and offered to all guests the opportunity to try it out. There exist only two working prototypes of the headset, one with a low-resolution and Garys version with a higher resolution. Atari showed one of the was one of the prototypes at CES 1995 in America.
- Thorsten Butschke: Presented us again his Tron like game “Grenzüberschritung” for the Atari Falcon, which is playbale with up to 8 players.
- GIGA TV: Felix Rick and his team visited the ejagfest and shot a few scenes for the show “Telespiel”.
- Dan Hericks: The former “Eclipse Software” employee (Iron Soldier 1,2,3) visited the ejagfest for the first time and told us a few storys from the Atari times.
- Lars Hannig: Showed us several demos that some already knew from last year.
- Atari Store NL: Sold retro games and goodies for various systems.
Other highlights were the Silver Jag, a Jag Arcade Stick, an Atari 800 laptop, Superfly (Falcon), a Virtual Boy, a Vectrex, a Xbox 360 with Jeff Minters VLM3 and his new game Space Giraffe, a Nuon Player, an Atari Falcon with some homebrew games, a Neo Geo AES, a PS2 with Guitar Hero, Buzz and Time Crisis.
- Cup “Double Dragon V” (Jaguar)
- European Championship “Checkered Flag” – 6 Players Network (Lynx)
- European Championship “Grenzüberschritung” (Falcon)
This year was the event‘s 7th anniversary and it took place for the 4th time in Kaarst near Düsseldorf. The ejagfest took place at: Bischofshof, Königsstraße 18-24, 41564 Kaarst – Germany.