The European Atari Jaguar Festival, “ejagfest” in short, took place on November 15th and 16th of 2014 in Duisburg (near Düsseldorf), Germany. We celebrated the 25th anniversary of the Atari Lynx this year which has been released in 1989.
Here you can fins an overview of the highlights of this year.
- Matthias Domin from MDGames:
Sold his Jaguar game „Impulse X“ on Cartride and Jag-CD.
- Zone 3:
Thanks to “Zone3” we presented you a gaming area with beanbags for gamers and full of retro-gaming highlights. We also would like to thank Atariage.com for supporting us with some demo software. On display were beside others “Rayman” (Jaguar), “Medieval Mayhem” (Atari 2600), “Pac-Man Collection” (Atari 7800) and “Princess Rescue” (Atari 2600).
- 108 Sterne (neXGam): Showed some new Lynx homebrew games and some work in progress artworks. Games like “Alien” (Lynx) and IK Plus like game(Lynx)
- ChrisW (neXGam): Made and sold self-made custom-Jaguar boxes.
- DerLuchs (neXGam): Showed and sold some of his Vectrex-homebrew games. Further he showed the Vertex 3D helmet.
- LX.NET (neXGam): Showed some Lynx stuff e.g. „Quadromania“ a lost and found game.
- Videospielearchiv.de: Exhibition of “Atari Magazines” by the collectors Jens Klöpfel and Jens Brinkmann.
- TXG-MNX: Showed like last year his very rare “Jaguar Kiosk”. You can seldom find such a system in Europe.
- Cinemaware: A member of Cinemaware was searching for Jaguar develpers for a conversions of well known titels such as „It came from the Desert“, „Wings“ and more.
- Retrospiel: Showed and sold homebrew games for different retro-systems.
- DragonBox Shop: The Dragonbox shop presented the „Multiple Classic Computer 216“ (MCC-216). Every visitor was able to try it out.
- Atari Shop NL: Sold retro games and goodies for different retro systems.
- 16 32 bit Systems: Nick Harlow, offered used and new hard- and software for different Atari systems.
- Checkered Flag European Championship (Atari Lynx)
More Highlights of this year: Downfall (Jaguar), Kobayashi Maru (Jaguar), Gorf (Jaguar CD), EmuTos on Jaguar, FM-Towns Marty, Vectrex, MIST, Lynx Cake, Nuon Player with some games, Tiny Toons beta (Jaguar), Atari 800, Skunkboard, PSP, Atari Falcon 030, Atari XE, Jaguar in Mac Shell with own screen, Dreamcast playing Sturmwind, Mega Drive with some homebrews, Atari STacy, Halo 2600, DS Lite, 3DS XL, a tombola with great prizes from our supporters and many more
This year is the event‘s 14th anniversary and took place for the 3rd time in Duisburg near Düsseldorf. The ejagfest took place at: St. Dionysius Pfarreim, Uerdinger Str. 183a, 47259 Muendelheim Germany
You can find pictures of this event in the Gallery 2014 and reports and videos in the Press Echo section. We would like to thank our partners and supporters.