The European Atari Jaguar Festival “ejagfest” took place on 27th of November in Kaarst near Düsseldorf. We celebrated the 25th anniversary of the Atari ST-Computer series which was started back in 1985.
Here you find an overview of the highlights of this year.
- Lars Hannig: Showed the most current build of the “Atari Owl Project”. This is a demo of a very powerful 3D voxel-engine for the Jaguar. The demo is created as a 3D Action/RPG and offers great graphics. Further he showed the progress of the long-awaited Grafic-Adventure “Eerivale”, which was now planned as a multi-platform game.
- Team Reboot/Jagware: The well known Jaguar Homebrew developers presented their latest developments. Among others, an early version of “Another World” (Jaguar) and the Lady Bug beta (Jaguar), early versions of Superfly DX (Jaguar) and Rebooteroids (Jaguar).
- Matthias Domin: Showed the most current version of his new Jaguar Homebrew Game “Impulse X”. Further a comic Cell-Shading demo that is based on the Doom engine. He used a digitized toy figure for the sprites. The game “clicks” was also back again.
- Gary Taylor: Sold his new high quality custom overlays and boxes for Jaguar games, as well as the newly released Aircars 94 Beta on module with its own overlay and Box (Jaguar).
- LinkoVitch: Brought a working COJAG (Coin Op Jaguar) board to the show. This Arcade Board is based on the Jagaur. Titles like Area51 and Maximum Force ran on this technology in the arcades in the mid nineties. Visitors had the chance to play the unreleased title “Freeze” on it.
- Atari Store NL: Sold retro games and goodies for various systems.
- 16 32 Bit Systems: Nick Harlow, sold new and used hardware and software for various Atari systems.
Other highlights were Halo 2600 (Atari 2600), Soul Star beta (Jag CD) Battlesphere multiplayer network (Jaguar), Aircars multiplayer network (Jaguar), Doom multiplayer network (Jaguar), Amiga 500, Amiga 600, the Silver Jag, a Jag Arcade Stick and last but not least, there was a small after-show party at the Hafen Bar in Neuss.
- European Championship “Checkered Flag” in the 6 player network (Lynx)
- NRW Championship “Kick-Off” (Amiga)
This year was the event‘s 10th anniversary and it took place for the 7th time in Kaarst near Düsseldorf. The ejagfest took place at: Bischofshof, Königsstraße 18-24, 41564 Kaarst – Germany.
You can find pictures of this event in the Gallery and reports and videos in the Press Echo section. We would like to thank our partners and supporters.